Our CrestIn the 14th Century the practice of embroidering the Family Crest on the surcoat worn over the coat of mail gave rise to the term “Coat of Arms”. The Chesley Brown Coat of Arms is original to Chesley Brown. It is based on the Garrard Family Crest because of family heritage and inspiration of quality and education. The fleur de lis comes from the Brown Family Crest. The name Chesley is a family name of old English Origin.
Company FlagsBecause of the Team Spirit, Pride and Integrity of our company that truly is changing the course of an industry, Chesley Brown adopted a corporate flag to be displayed at every Chesley Brown property. The flag is “Chesley Brown Green” with our crest at its core.
Vice President's Flag
Founder’s FlagChesley Brown has a rich history of excellence, and the Chesley Brown coat of arms on the Founder’s Flag is original to Chesley Brown. It is based on the Garrard family crest because of family heritage and inspiration of quality and education. The fleur-de-lis comes from the Brown family crest. The name Chesley is a family name of old English Origin. Although the roots of both the Brown and Garrard families can originally be traced to France, Britain has been seen as the country of origin since the 14th century. The fleur-de-lis origins can be traced back to French royalty. However, as in the case with both the Brown family and Garrard family, it was taken and adopted by the English kings to emphasize their claims to the throne of France. The Fleur-de-lis has also been used for years by military units, including divisions of The United States Army, as a symbol resemblance to a spearhead to identify strength and security. The Gold color represents “generosity and elevation of the mind.” The Black color represents constancy. The Green color represents hope, joy, and loyalty. The Leaves represent hope, joy, and strength. The eagle represents persons of noble nature, strength, bravery, and alertness. The “display” of the wings signifies protection. The helmet denotes wisdom and security in defense, strength, protection, and invulnerability. The banner across the bottom reads “Semper Vigiles” which is Latin for “Always Vigilant”. The Dancette lines represent comprehensiveness, diversity, strength, and ability to understand complex matters that are not necessarily always smooth or straight lines. The Founder’s Flag is only authorized to be used by the Founder and/or displayed when the Founder is at a location for an extended period of time.
- A Chesley Brown flag can only be presented to a project location by a vice president or above.
- The Chesley Brown flag belonging to a vice president or above has a gold fringe along its border.
- The Chesley Brown flag belonging to the CEO has gold fringe along its border and two gold cords attached to the top of the pole.
- The Chesley Brown Founder’s flag is white with gold fringe and two gold cords attached to the top of the pole. It displays the complete formal coat of arms and may only be used by the Founder of Chesley Brown.
- Extended visits of a vice president or above deems displaying his/her flag.
- Award streamers earned by project locations are to be attached to the top of their flagpole.
- Each RMD, RVP, VP, SRVP or above, responsible for these programs, displays all the streamers on his/her flag.
- At no time does a Chesley Brown flag take precedence over the flag of the United States. Strict reverence to the American flag is always shown.